How to Pass Time Adjusting to Daylight Savings,
While a New Roof is Installed at Your House.
(and your Mommy has a nasty cold)
Tips from an almost five year old and a two and a half year old
- Stand in the front yard and watch the guys on the roof with binoc-ee-lars.
- Set up your little table and chairs in the dining room right by the window so you can watch the shingles being lifted up to the roof on a really cool powered bucket thing connected to a ladder.
- Every ten minutes, put on a different pair of the "new" underwear from the grocery bag full of hand me downs sent by your cousin. (Is this gross?)
- Brick a nap* even though the workers are not even working above your bed, even though yesterday you eventually had no problem sleeping through the scraping, pounding, and stomping one inch from your head after Mommy spent an unsucessful half hour trying to get you to sleep in your pack 'n play in the basement.
- Learn how to climb out of your pack 'n play. (see above)
- Pretend to "blow eyeballs" at your sister (similar to blowing kisses only designed to get someone to be disgusted). She will of course be unfazed and just say "I wiping them off and throwing them on ground!"
- Continue to be fascinated with creating "swimming pools" for toy animals in every sink in the house. Add grass pulled from the yard for "water plants." "Accidentally" take off your clothes and try to go swimming with the animals in the sink. Act amazed that there is a corresponding pool on the floor, but agree that you should be the one to clean up the mess (with some help from Mom).
- Help make these cool rainbow cupcakes that Mom found in Family Fun magazine to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.
- Halfway through making cupcakes, suddenly act very ill, complaining of "belly hurting", uncontrollable crying, and possible fever, causing Mommy to cancel the babysitter and her plans to go to Bible Study.
- Half an hour later, after refusing dinner, request a cupcake while running around the kitchen as if you've never been sick a day in your life, and ask why babysitter is not coming.
- Ask impossible questions. "Why did God make there be sickness if it makes you feel so yucky?"
- Come up with your own answers. "I know. Because he just wanted to try out his magic."
*term stolen from mep